Friday, February 6, 2009

Surgery Cloud Has Silver Linings

The prayers people tell me they're praying seem to be working. I'm grateful to God and the good Smalltown folks for their support. The foot is healing fast. And one of the more agreeable aspects of having a post-surgical foot is having Lola Flushpoole come over with a gallon of milk to get me through the weekend. She also brought me chocolate and coffee to prevent any withdrawal symptoms, and an Egg McMuffin although I'm not completely addicted to those. Being Lola, she had an adventure while procuring these items.

"I got the coffee at McDonald's over in the next town from the young boy there that I've known for a long time. He gave me two hash browns instead of one with the Egg McMuffin. He did it because he was flirting. He's in love with me. He's gay, but he's in love with me. I know he is. I keep telling him he should go to college because he's bright and he needs higher education. So I tease him. Well, it's more like I harass him. Maybe he sees it as an S & M thing. I don't know."

No comments: