Monday, July 28, 2008

Interlude

We took time during our family visit to talk about strange complaints some of us had received from customers while at work. One cousin, a travel agent, told of dealing with a difficult woman who was booking travel to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. She requested "a room with an ocean view." My cousin Sandy told her that it wasn't possible; Orlando is inland. The woman insisted, "You can't fool me. Get me the ocean view. I've seen maps of the U.S. and Florida is a very thin state."

Cousin Billie, who manages a restaurant in Indiana, had her own story about a dissatisfied customer. A middle-aged gentleman with gray hair announced to her, "I have a complaint about your coleslaw." Billie responded, "I'm sorry to hear that. What's the problem?" The man told her, "It tastes like raw cabbage!"

No comments: