Monday, September 29, 2008

John Barge's Practical Joke

I've seen more of John Barge this week than I have in a while. He stays busy. He tells me he is trying to get a key candidate elected to Commissioners' Court in November. But that did not keep him from performing a prank on his granddaughter.

He was driving around in an old pickup truck on his ranch with his granddaughter McKayla last Saturday. That truck has paint on the back, but almost none on the cab in the front. Ten-year-old McKayla asked him why only the back of the truck was painted.

With a solemn face, John told her, "My paint slipped."
"What do you mean, Grandpa?" asked McKayla.
"I made a mistake. I came to a stop sign and didn't see it right away. I slammed on the brakes and came to a sudden stop, and...my paint slipped. All the way to the back of the truck."

He spoke so seriously that McKayla's eyes widened and she answered, "Ooh."

No comments: