Monday, September 22, 2008

Off-the-Wall Opinion

After resolving issues at the church office today, I headed home and called my pastor friend Mike in Central City. I was in the mood for humorous sarcasm and he never fails to deliver. He said that the traffic in Central City is unbelievable and getting more so every day. He noted that in the old-fashioned language of the church's creed, Jesus Christ will "come to judge the quick and the dead." Mike said that fit Central City perfectly because in Central City you are either quick or you are dead. He added that Central City "may not be the land of the free, but it's the home of the brave. "

He also told me his newly-divorced buddy, Rick, had gone to a strip joint the night before to distract himself. Mike said, "Okay, I see why he might do that. But it makes no sense to me that a guy who's in the mood for love goes to a strip joint. That's like a guy who has to crap really bad going to Home Depot to look at toilets."

No comments: