Saturday, November 15, 2008

Funny Funky Town Names

Today we had an audience with the pope, I mean Bishop. Same thing. We went to Dragonfly City in the north part of the region so that those who usually have to go south to Sea City did not have to go so far this time. It was an interesting meeting, but talking with my colleague Christine before the meeting was more interesting. Christine has had a tough time of it as she just had back surgery and will not be back to full strength for several more weeks. But that hasn't affected her comedy at all. She told me about people she knew from a small town in the vicinity called Odem. She said they told her that Odem sounded like "something you should keep covered up." I thought about that and then asked, "Did you hear about the clergywoman who was considered an ideal candidate to be promoted to Regional Poobah? The only reason she didn't get the job was that she couldn't keep her Odem concealed." Christine and I had a hard time settling down for the meeting. Only with great difficulty did I remind myself that one of the fruits of the Holy Spirit is self-control.

No comments: