Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blog Dialog

One of the advantages of a blog over a book is its interactivity, giving others the chance to comment. One of my readers noted my wanting to ask God about the weight of a lifetime of belly button lint. (Note to self: Watch out for those 3 AM blog posts. After midnight, surrealism sets in.) He said that when I arrive in glorious Heaven, belly button lint may no longer be a pressing issue. He's probably right, but who knows. When I get to heaven, God may shake the Divine head, shrug the Divine shoulders, and say, "You bother me by asking about belly button lint? How rude. I like that in a person. Come in and have a beer with me. By the way, six pounds two ounces!"

And if not, maybe God in Infinite love and mercy will forgive me anyway and overlook my off-key, off-base, off-road, off-off-Broadway take on things. It comes with being left-handed and right-minded. People who think weird like I do tend to be left-handed. The right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, so despite evidence to the contrary I am in my right mind. When I lived in Central City I was more in the middle of the state, which didn't make me middle of the road, middle management, or fair to middlin'. It did make me a left-handed, right-minded, centrally-located wiseass.

1 comment:

Rick OzTown said...

I don't think, madame, that I would comment that you are EVER in your "right mind".

Martial beat comes to mind:
Right
Left
Right
Left
Left
Left