Saturday, January 3, 2009

In My Ideal World

In My Ideal World (IMIW) is a business term used at the company I used to work for, HiTekk, to describe a hypothetical optimal circumstance. At HiTekk, one works downward from the ideal world picture to get a realistic scenario. We all seem to have IMIW pictures in us. Some of them look like the one above. The new year of 2009 pulled me away from the dreamy nostalgic Christmas card scenes IMIW, and back to reality. Early January has always been a little bit blah for me and maybe that is why. There is the post-Christmas house cleaning to perform, the realization that as always I spent too much money, and the arrival of income tax forms. No wonder it takes a few days to get reoriented. But I still keep thinking about what things would be like IMIW. In random order, this is how matters stand IMIW.

IMIW every dog that has ever lived will live again, and none of them will be vicious because there will be nothing to be vicious about. Same with people.

IMIW people get excited about mingling with people from other races and nations and say, "Great! I can learn something new from them!"

IMIW we all have built-in GPS systems and nobody gets lost.

IMIW we are all so darned healthy nobody ever dies.

IMIW the landscape is gorgeous and the climate so favorable that people sit on their front porches and socialize with friendly neighbors while they snap their green beans for dinner that come from their own gardens.

IMIW Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mints are available year round and at all times. Treats such as this do not make you fat. Salads make you fat.

IMIW I send everyone an autographed glossy 11 x 14 signed portrait of myself for Christmas and people beg for more. I get requests for the portrait from all over the world.

IMIW there is no drug problem except there is one excellent drug to get people high now and then. It is legal, there are no side effects, it works great every time, and people only take it when they feel like going to war with somebody.

And IMIW every day is the first day of spring.

No comments: