Monday, August 25, 2008

Bishops and Bad Motels

Yesterday I went to a sendoff for my colleague Mike Lowry. Mike just got elected a Bishop in our church which is not an easy achievement. It was great to see him and he even recognized me, trifocals and all. After doing church and driving three hours to First Megachurch Majorcity, I was not inclined to drive home the same day. So I stayed in the Ritz-Carlton-Hilton Motel Six. Actually it was more like Motel Two And A Half. The pool was refreshing. Walking back to my room afterwards, the perfume of hallway disinfectant opened my sinuses right up. Judging by the sound of the air conditioner, the last guest threw a monkey wrench into it before he left.

I measured the strand of hair I found on the bathroom floor. Fourteen inches long. It was a dark hair so I found it easily.

No comments: