Friday, August 15, 2008

Hill Country Colleague

I got a call today from my ministerial colleague Prudence Hardly who pastors two small churches in the Hill Country. When I picked up the phone I asked Prudence what was new in her life. She chuckled, "You may not believe this but I spotted a phone booth in the middle of a field near the town of Comfort."

"A phone booth?" I repeated, puzzled.

"Right. There it was, out in the middle of nowhere. Go figure. You know I majored in film in college? I think I'll make a short film of that phone booth with the phone ringing and ringing and ringing. Then somebody will start racing across the field towards the phone booth. The minute he gets there, the phone will stop ringing."

"I like it."

"Or I might have a big line of people outside the phone booth while a chatty lady is inside and won't stop talking. She'll be going yap-yap-yap. The line will get longer and longer, stretching clear across the field. As I pan the camera you'll see a cow in line."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to your buddy at getting the (real) cow to stand in line!