Monday, October 6, 2008

Politics Pursues Me into Hospital

Election season is in the air and it is inescapable. Walking through the hospital corridor of Sea City Regional Hospital, I saw on the TV some NBC pundits talking about the Saturday Night Live parody of the Palin/Biden debate. Fortunately the surgery on Elise Magnum went well, much to the relief of her three sons and her husband who worships the ground on which she walks. They removed that dangerous aneurysm on her abdomen and she is recovering, altbeit with some pain. Leaving the hospital, I saw the daily news featuring other pundits rattling on about how nasty the candidates are getting toward each other in this final month of the presidential campaign.

In a way it is tiresome, and in another way it is addictive. When I am not watching political coverage I am wondering what is the latest news about it. It reminds me of Billy Ray Cyrus's country-western song.

"I'm So Miserable Without You, It's Almost Like You're Here."

No comments: